Strategy of the Rosatom State Corporation until 2030
- The state defence order was 100% fulfilled
- The first criticality programme and
the power start-up of power unit no. 1
of novovoronezh npp-2 equipped with
a generation 3+ reactor were completed
- The innovative power unit no. 4 of beloyarsk
npp with a bn-800 fast neutron reactor
started full-scale operation.
- Electricity output at 35 power units of 10
operating npps totalled 196.4 billion kwh,
reaching a new all-time high in the history
of russian nuclear power generation.
the share of npps in russia’s energy mix
- 8 intergovernmental agreements and
20 interdepartmental agreements were
concluded. these include 4 framework
intergovernmental agreements with bolivia,
zambia, tunisia and cuba, which provide the
foundation for bilateral cooperation with
these countries in the sphere of nuclear
- An official ceremony was held to mark the start-up of power unit no. 1 of kudankulam npp
in india and the connection of power unit no. 2 to the country’s power system.
- The first contract was signed with a us npp operator for the pilot use of russian tvs-kvadrat
fuel for foreign-design reactors, and a contract was concluded with vattenfall nuclear
fuel ab (sweden) for the commercial supply of tvs-kvadrat nuclear fuel to ringhals npp.
- Intergovernmental agreements on the construction of nuclear research and technology
centres were signed with bolivia and nigeria.
- The decision was made to establish rusatom healthcare, which will promote nuclear
medicine technology in russia and abroad.
- Rosatom won a competitive selection of renewable energy projects to construct
wind power plants in russia with a total capacity of at least 610 mw.
- A priority social and economic development area was established in krasnokamensk,
zabaykalsky territory (the town is home to pjsc pimcu, the key enterprise of rosatom’s
- The world’s most powerful project 22220 nuclear icebreaker, arktika, was launched.
- Rosatom started to implement the federal target programme on nuclear and radiation
safety for the period from 2016 through 2020 and for the period until 2030.